How it works
How the Repledge demo works:
- Explore the site for more information on what we do.
- TRY THE DEMO! How? It’s easy, just click “Try the Demo” from the home page.
- Select a political candidate and charity from the list.
- Make a dollar pledge to a candidate and a charity. Don’t worry – no money will actually be collected!
- Share what you've done through Twitter and Facebook.
- Watch how the Fund Drive turns your political contribution into a charitable donation by matching your pledge with pledges by supporters of the opposing candidate. Fund Drives are generally 7-10 days in duration and operate a little like eBay auctions. You have now doubled the social impact of your by dollars by giving politically, but acting socially.
- Take our brief survey, or shoot us an email so we know what you think.
How the real Repledge will work when we go live:
- Become a member. This requires submitting basic information required by the Federal Election Commission to make political contributions over $200.
- Sign in.
- Chose a Fund Drive. Initially, you will be able to participate in Fund Drives for the Democratic or Republican candidates for President.
- Select the charity that you want to support. When we go live, you'll be able to select chrities within Repledge's charity network.
- Make a pledge! Use a credit card to transfer the funds into the Fund Drive.
- Spread the word! Invite friends, family, and coworkers to join your Fund Drive using Facebook, Twitter, and good old fashioned word of mouth.
- Watch the Fund Drive evolve as the time counts down.
- Watch how the Fund Drive turns your political contribution into a charitable donation by matching your pledge with pledges by supporters of the opposing candidate. You have now doubled the social impact of your by dollars by giving politically, but acting socially.
- You will be notified of the portion of your pledge that was directed to charity and the portion that was directed to the political campaign. This amount directed to the political campaign will count against your contribution limits to individual political candidates.
- Repledge again and again!